Araldite® 2048-1 2-part methacrylate adhesive for stainless steel to stainless steel bonding
Araldite® 2048-1, ideal for bonding stainless steel to stainless steel
The customer :
Pragma-tec is a company specialised in the realisation of installations, whether they are engineering projects, welded steel or stainless steel construction, or the mechanical assembly of production equipment.
The Project :
A 100% made-to-measure staircase concept manufactured in their workshops. To do this, a 3D study was carried out by their team
The design :
- Central stringboard: IPN laser welded and sandblasted
- Steps: brushed stainless steel folded sheets.
- Railing : brushed stainless steel 304L
- Safety : treadtex anti-slip sheet
Below is a video of the 100% made-to-measure staircase concept:
Bonding of stainless steel gratings on the steps
Pragma-tec called on our technical expertise to meet their needs: bonding stainless steel gratings to the stainless steel steps to provide an anti-slip surface and guarantee user safety.
Samaro proposed the Araldite® 2048-1, which following trials was validated by the customer.
Benefits of Araldite® 2048-1
- Two-part methacrylate adhesive requiring little surface preparation
- Stainless steel / stainless steel compatible
- Cures at room temperature
Technical characteristics of Araldite® 2048-1
- Two component 10:1
- Epoxy Adhésive
- Viscosity 30-45 Pa.s
- Mix ratio 10:1
- Colour : black
- Pot Life : 10 min
- E-modulus 360 N/mm²
- Elongation at break : 91%
- Shear strength 24 N/mm²
Araldite® 2048-1 is available :
More Information :
Thanks to Pragma-tec for the permission to use their video.