Dow Corning Optical Molding Silicone Resins Offer New Solutions
Dow Corning®, a global leader in silicones, continues to expand its range of Lighting solutions with the launch of new Moldable Silicone products (MS) for secondary lenses, LED lenses, Fresnel lenses, light guides and reflectors:
MS-0002: Translucent Moldable Silicone: 147,000 mPa·s viscosity; 65 Shore A hardness; 270% elongation, UL 94 HB
MS-1001: Clear Moldable Silicone: 14,000 mPa·s viscosity; 25 Shore D hardness; 50% elongation
MS-1002: Clear Moldable Silicone: 26,250 mPa·s viscosity; 74 Shore A hardness; 80% elongation, UL 94 HB
MS-1003: Clear Moldable Silicone: 42,250 mPa·s viscosity; 52 Shore A hardness; 325% elongation, UL 94 HB
MS-2002 White Reflector Silicone: 650,000 mPa·s viscosity; reflectance @ 450 nm: 97%, at 630 nm: 99%; 84 Shore A hardness; 86% elongation; UL 94 HB.
Dow Corning Moldable Silicone solutions offer combined advantages:
- Duringmanufacturing process(via injection molding machines)
- Greater design flexibility: their flexibility makes it possible to design parts that until now were not possible with organic materials.
- Lower machine costs for silicone: the pressure applied can be divided by four, thus reducing machine tonnages.
- Light transmission (transmittance) of more than 90% at 450 nm.
- Lower absorption coefficientthan organic products.
- Higher resistance to UV light(does not yellow) and chemical agents than organic products.
- Extensive temperature resistance range: -45°C to +180°C (-49°F to +356°F).
- Shock resistance.