DOWSIL™ EI-2888 Primerless silicone encapsulant
DOWSIL™ EI-2888 – The lighting market and its challenges
Stick to the clear benefit.
Growth and impact on the planet
The global LED lighting market is expected to reach $100 billion over the next decade. This corresponds to a compound annual growth rate of over 12% in value and over 20% in volume.
Lighting-related energy consumption is expected to decline by 40% by 2030, driven by LED penetration in general lighting.
Meeting the needs of the professional lighting market
The professional LED lighting market is expected to exceed $35 billion by 2022. This includes industrial, commercial, outdoor and architectural applications.
The key growth drivers are related to expectations of:
- High efficiency
- Reliability and robustness
- High brightness
- Compact size and custom shapes
- Low energy consumption
The need for a high level of protection against intrusion
- Flexible and Rigid LED Strip Lights
- Outdoor LED Displays
- Explosion proof lighting
- Linear: Tube and Cord/Tape
- Spot, flood and general area
- Small portable type: Flashlights, portable headlamps
- Specialty and Panel
Protective materials on LEDs
- Minimal effects on luminous flux and CCT
- Challenge: Provide as little protection as possible over bare components.
- Provides the highest degree of protection and ease of use
- Challenge: Impact on the CCRS
- Better optical management
- Challenge: Lower degree of protection (air gap) and more complex impact price
Encapsulation is best suited for harsh environments, such as explosion-proof or high IP-rated fixtures.
Protection and performance
DOWSIL™ EI-2888 encapsulant compared to other solutions.
Watch a video to see the benefits of DOWSIL™ EI-2888 Primerless Silicone Encapsulant
The protective material can :
- change the Fresnel reflection
- change the color of the converted light
- change the total internal reflection
Existing encapsulation materials
Innovate with DOWSIL™ EI-2888 primerless silicone encapsulant.
Innovative technology from Dow
- Patented technology
- 100% silicone product
Reliable membership on :
- Anodized aluminum
- Stainless steel
Even after 2000 hours of exposure to :
- 85ºC / 85% RH
- -40 / +150ºC thermal shock
- Sunlight UV
Limitation: PMMA, die-cast aluminum
Optically clear in a difficult environment
Optically stable beyond the visible range and under the effect of aging
Two rigid, high power LED modules using DOWSIL™ EI-2888 encapsulant.
Resistance of the polymerization
- Not subject to inhibition during curing
- Common problem with silicone-based encapsulants
- Insensitive to moisture during cure ≠ urethane
- No need for controlled atmosphere
- Reduced need for cleaning
Potential cost reduction
Ease of degassing
- Suitable for various mixing techniques, such as hand mixing, static mixing, dynamic mixing and centrifuging.
- No need for vacuum after application
|Part A||2,000 mPa.s|
|Part B||2,300 mPa.s|
Mix Ratio = 1:1
Flexibility and robustness
Curing time / Hardness to define your process
Stable with age
Good dielectric properties
|Volume resistivity||1E+16 Ω.cm|
|Surface resistivity||2,6E+14 Ω|
Long service life
- Expected stability of one year
- Keep package closed – avoid moisture
- Moisture contamination reduces cure rate
Additional unique feature
Final Comparison / Wrap-up
More info :
Would you like more information on DOWSIL™ EI-2888 Encapsulant silicone primerless or the entire Dowsil product line ? Contact our technical service by phone at 04 26 680 680 or fill out our contact form.
Download our documentation dedicated to electronic protection: