Huntsman ARALDITE® 2080, low toxicity and low odor
Toxicity can be an issue for workers on the bus or truck assembly line when using traditional adhesives to bond floors or roofs. With an improved GHS classification, our new ARALDITE® 2080 adhesive is a true low-toxicity, low-odor adhesive, reducing worker risk and safety costs.
- Low odor and non-flammable
- High resistance
- High durability
- High elongation for metals, composites and some plastics
- Available in two different open times as required (ARALDITE® 2080-05 & ARALDITE® 2080-15).
Fields of application
- Bonding inside wind turbine blade additions
- Bonding of metal and composite posts and structures
- Bonding of panels, floors and roof parts in buses
- Bonding letter signage
Caractéristiques techniques et performances
- Two-part MMA adhesive
- 5/15 mins :Pot life at room temperature
- 15-30 mins : Fixation time at room temperature
- > 18 MPa : After cataplasma aging test*
- 90°C : Maximum continuous operating temperature**
- > 25 MPa : Tensile strength
- > 1200 MPa : Traction modulus
- > 50% : Elongation at break
*For the maximum continuous operating temperature, we consider the maximum temperature for which the residual lap shear strength is 1/3 of the lap shear strength at room temperature or the temperature for which the residual lap shear strength is ≤5 MPa.
**after 7 days ISO 9142 E2