Lighting Selector Guide: Samaro Reprints its Three-Fold Brochure for the LED Forum!
Samaro has updated its three-fold brochure in time for the LED Forum in Paris on November 21 and 22.
LED technology is constantly improving and is opening up a wide field of applications thanks to high-power LEDs that now rival all our old lighting technologies. New constraints in LED technology as well as improvements in LED performance often require materials that are:
- Optically transparent;
- Able to withstand intense light sources;
- Heat stable and able to withstand high operating temperatures;
- White and able to reflect light without excessive losses;
- Protective (encapsulants or conformal coatings) for sensitive electronic components;
- Thermally conductive (thermal management) for suitable heat dissipation.
As the constraints of lighting fixtures differ with each environment, Samaro and its partners DOW CORNING ELECTRONICSand ELECTROLUBEhave selected a range of product chemistries to help you succeed in your lighting projects:
- Outdoor lighting: streets and roads, parks, monuments, buildings, tunnels, traffic safety (signals) and signs.
- Indoor lighting: parking garages, indoor facilities, stores, performing arts centers, malls/art galleries, schools, hospitals and offices.
- Other types of lighting: buses, trains, trucks, telephones, appliances, healthcare and medical devices, communications equipment, signs, billboards.
Capitalizing on these environmental challenges, our range of materials is designed to meet the challenging needs of the LED market, including high adhesion, high purity, moisture resistance, thermal stability and optical transmittance.
Each product range consists of materials that meet the specific needs of LED assemblies:
- High refractive index encapsulantsfor LEDswith, such as Dow Corning® OE-6631 and Dow Corning® Sylgard 184.
- Encapsulants or gelsfor the protection of circuits and LEDs, such as Dow Corning® Sylgard 160 and Electrolube® ER2183.
- Conformal coatingsfor the protection of circuits, such as
Dow Corning® 3-1953 and Electrolube® DCA.
- Adhesives/sealants, such as Dow Corning® 752 and Dow Corning® Q3-1566.
- Heat-transfer compounds for thermal management, such as Dow Corning® 340 and Electrolube® HTC.
The Lighting Selector Guideallows you to easily find the right products: thermally conductive encapsulants, thermal pads, compounds, printable pads, coatings, LED encapsulants (gel, elastomer, resin), primary/secondary optics, reflectors, adhesives and cleaners.