The fast-curing elastomer casting resin: FastElast from Synthene
FastElast, Synthene’s new range of fast setting vacuum casting resins.
In order to meet the ever-increasing requirements and constraints of the prototyping market and industry in general, Synthene is now able to offer you, as a complement to its HPE range, the FastElast range.
The FastElast range is available as follows:
- Two Polyols: FastElast 35P and FastElast 93P
- 1 Isocianate: FastElast Iso
What is the FastElast system used for?
The FastElast system is a polyurethane elastomer system for the production of flexible parts for prototyping and other technical needs.
Two polyols are combined with an isocyanate to obtain several types of elastomer parts:
- very flexible 35 ShA
- to the semi-rigid 93 ShA (=50-55ShD),
- while offering excellent mechanical performance.
Processing properties depending on the desired hardness
|FastElast 35 A Polyol (g)||100||90||85||75||60||45||30||10||–|
|FastElast 93 A Polyol (g)||–||10||15||25||40||55||70||90||100|
|FastElast 35-93 A Isocyanate (g)||30||37||41||48||58||69||79||93||100|
|Viscosity BROOKFIELD LVT at 25°C (mPa.s) According to MO-051||350||310||310||300||300||300||300||300||300|
|Reactivity on 200 g at 25°C (min.) According to MO-062||12||10||8’30||12’30||10’30||6||7||5||6|
|Demoulding time at 70°C (h) in-mould proofing at 70°C||2||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
The benefits of Synthene’s FastElast system:
- Very low viscosity (between 300 and 350mPa.s) which allows a fast filling of the moulds. This viscosity is particularly adapted to the vacuum casting process.
- Demoulding time at 70°C one of the fastest on the market!
Demoulding after 1 hour for hardnesses from 45 Shore A to 93 Shore A (2 hours for 35 Shore A)
- Very good Elongation at break (up to 1110% for 45 Shore A ) and very good tear resistance.
- Very easily colorable in any light or dark color.
|Hardness Shore A ISO 868||35*||45||50||60||65||75||80||86||93|
|Elongation at break at 23°C (%) ISO 37||385||1110||732||765||770||830||630||680||616|
|Tensile stress at break at 23 °C (MPa) ISO 37||1,4||2,7||4,7||5,8||8,3||12,5||13||26||22|
|Tear strength at 23°C (kN.m-1) ISO 34||7,8||7||15,1||25||29,4||41,2||45||74||60|
*Results obtained after 2 hours at 70°C + 7 days at RT
Key points to know:
The conditions of implementation are indicated on the Data Sheet.
Synthene’s FastElast system meets the requirements of European directives: 2002/96/EU, 2000/53/EU, 2000/11/EU, 2011/65/EU and 2017/2102/EU (RoHS).
More information :
Synthene’s FastElast system is available in :
- Synthene FASTElast 35 A POLYOL Bottle 1kg
- Synthene FASTElast 93 A POLYOL Bottle 1kg
- Synthene FASTElast 35-93 A ISOCYANATE Bottle 1kg