What lubricants should be used for the lubrication of bearings and sintered steel bearings?
Krytox™ Performance lubricants, for the lubrication of rolling and sintered steel bearings
High-performance lubricants ensure longer bearing life
Bearings, including ball, roller and other bearings used in sensitive applications, require high-quality oils and greases to ensure smooth operation. High-performance lubricants provide superior lubricity and consistent viscosity so that bearings can operate under high loads, at extreme temperatures, in hard-to-reach locations or on specific equipment.
Sensitive equipment that can benefit from these high-performance bearing lubricants include :
- cars, trucks and heavy vehicles
- Corrugating rolls
- Conveyor belts
- Fans, air conditioning
Krytox™ High performance lubricants are designed to meet the needs of these machines throughout their life cycle.
Meeting the specific needs of sintered steel bearings
Sintered steel bearings are used each time:
- That low noise levels are required
- That the loads are variable
- That space is limited
These bearings consist of pressed metal powder, the pores of which are impregnated with a lubricant. This impregnated oil ensures permanent lubrication of the bearings.
Whether a sintered steel bearing has a metal, ceramic or polymer base, performance lubricants Krytox™ maintain their viscosity and lubricating properties in high temperature and high pressure environments, while consistently outperforming hydrocarbon-based lubricants.
The benefits are multiple
Krytox™ Synthetic greases and oils used in steel/sintered metal bearings provide longer-lasting lubrication, thus reducing the frequency of relubrication. This not only reduces operating costs by reducing maintenance, but also minimizes waste and environmental impact.
Krytox™ High performance lubricants applied to steel/sintered metal bearings provide :
- Superior film-forming ability: The oil forms a thicker, reduced layer, which limits wear.
- Extreme resistance to oxidation: The oil Krytox™, combined with an advanced high performance polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) thickener, does not oxidize, age or decompose in shear.
- Performance at extreme temperatures: Lubricants do not decompose at the high temperatures of electric motor applications (they can operate in a wide temperature range of -75 to 350°C).
- Optimal stability: Krytox™ Lubricants are water resistant, non-flammable and chemically inert.
- Lifetime filling: It is generally not necessary to relubricate bearings during the life of a product.
- Corrosion protection: These additives protect against corrosion and rust during storage and in humid environments.
Read more about these additives:
Download our selection guide dedicated to industrial lubrication and maintenance
Source : www.krytox.com