The Thermal Management Guide Has Been Updated
The Selector Guide for thermal management solutions is designed to help you find industry-proven solutions.
As not every application is the same, we recommend that you contact us (email@example.com) so that our technical experts can assist you in finding the right solution for your specific applications.
The Thermal Management Selector Guide contains a partial list of products categorized by type of solution:
- Compounds: the most popular thermal management materials. Easy to use and non-curing, compounds are used for applications requiring high thermal conductivity. They have low thermal resistance and are easy to remove for maintenance. They require mechanical fastening to maintain their thickness, which is generally less than 50 microns.
- Thermal pads: polymerized silicone shapes available in a variety of thicknesses and thermal conductivities. They require no curing and are ideal for surfaces that are sufficiently flat and where the thickness will be greater than 100 microns. Because they are already polymerized, thermal pads are pre-formed and retain their shape. They are easy to removeand are ideal for applications requiring maintenance.
- Printable pads: non-polymerized dispensable or printable versions of thermal pads that do not require cutting to shape.
- Thermally conductive encapsulants: contain thermally conductive fillers yet their low viscosityenables parts to be filled quickly and completely. Thermally conductive encapsulants allow heat to be removed to the metal casings of equipment.
- Thermally conductive adhesives (one-part / two-part): thermally conductive adhesives offer the same advantages as standard adhesives but with thermal conductivity properties as a bonus. Silicones place very little stress on components, even when they contain thermally conductive fillers.