Araldite®2080 – low odor, high performance MMA adhesive
The new ARALDITE® 2080 adhesive is a real game changer. Solving long-standing problems with traditional MMA, PU and other structural adhesives, ARALDITE® 2080 adhesive offers exceptional bond strength in an odorless, nonflammable, low-toxicity, primerless solution.
“ARALDITE® 2080 adhesive is truly unique,” says said José Fanjul, Strategic Marketing Manager at Huntsman Advanced Materials. “This adhesive line can solve the long-standing issues associated with traditional MMA and PU adhesives and deliver sufficient bonding performance. This will be a game-changer ( for manufacturers who want a structural adhesive that not only increases productivity and saves costs, but also safeguards the wellbeing of their employees.”
- Low odor and non-flammable
- High resistance
- High durability
- High elongation for metals, composites and some plastics
- Available in two different open times as required (ARALDITE® 2080-05 & ARALDITE® 2080-15).
Fields of application
- Bonding inside wind turbine blade additions
- Bonding of metal and composite posts and structures
- Bonding of panels, floors and roof parts in buses
- Bonding letter signage
Caractéristiques techniques et performances
- Two-part MMA adhesive
- 5/15 mins :Pot life at room temperature
- 15-30 mins : Fixation time at room temperature
- > 18 MPa : After cataplasma aging test*
- 90°C : Maximum continuous operating temperature**
- > 25 MPa : Tensile strength
- > 1200 MPa : Traction modulus
- > 50% : Elongation at break
*For the maximum continuous operating temperature, we consider the maximum temperature for which the residual lap shear strength is 1/3 of the lap shear strength at room temperature or the temperature for which the residual lap shear strength is ≤5 MPa.
**after 7 days ISO 9142 E2